Monday 24 June 2019

Successful Facebook Q+A Session

On Thursday 20th June, Comhairle nan Eilean Siar SNP Group Leader, Councillor Gordon Murray, hosted a very successful Facebook Q & A session.

 
Councillor Murray was delighted at his first Q & A session, stating : “I was very happy at how the event progressed throughout the evening. Topics included Bethesda, bus services, pay rises, an SNP-run administration, Gaelic and depopulation issues – a  wide range of topics which are all important in the context of local democracy. I thoroughly enjoyed the exchanges. I understand that many people cannot attend public meetings / consultations / community conversations and I wanted to reach out to them and hear their views.”

 

“Public engagement is a high priority and I intend to do another Facebook session in the autumn on the theme of Education in the islands. I would encourage anyone who has an interest in education to get involved in the Q & A. “    

 

“I’ll be advertising the Autumn Q & A nearer the time.”